SOLID Pointers on Creating Great Content
Creating content is the snag that delays website projects. If you are worried about how to create content for your new SOLID website, here are 7 tips that might really help you.
- Tell your story.
Everybody has a story to tell, and that includes businesses. Spend a little time thinking about how you speak to your customers today. Take note of anything that comes to mind. Then organize your ideas based on the navigation of your site (About Us, Products, Etc.)
- Define your purpose.
What motivated you to get into business in the first place? What do you love about your company? How do you improve your customers’ businesses? Use that as a spark to start creating your content.
- Share your customers' story.
It's a real challenge to look at your business from your customer's perspective. Rather than limit content to your own story, get your customers to tell theirs. These stories can open-up observations that you take for granted. And, they can be easily molded into testimonials and case studies.
- Re-use what you've already got.
What content do you already have that we can use? Do you have videos, articles, press releases, FAQs, or newsletters? How many times do you answer a customer's question via email? Your best content may be sitting in your email "sent" folder.
- Use industry news.
Take advantage of industry-related news and events. Google what you do, like “home inspections”, and see what articles pop up. This can help break writer’s block in a heart beat.
- Use a professional copy writer.
If you simply don’t want to deal with the process of writing content, SOLID can have a professional writer do it for you at a reasonable, hourly rate.
- Form a content marketing habit.
Mark your calendar and do one thing a day to create or re-purpose content. Try to do something different each day. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Monday - Turn a customer's question you answered via email into content
- Tuesday – search out a link to an interesting industry article.
- Wednesday - Send an email with interview questions to a valuable customer asking why he or she does business with you and the benefits gleaned from the relationship, then turn that into a customer story (case study).
- Thursday – Search out an interesting industry video on Youtube.
- Friday – Read through a competitor’s website and find an idea you can make your own.
Naturally, if you don't have the time to create compelling content for your site, let Solid's professional content writers do the work for you. If you have questions, we'll be happy to answer them. Just contact us today.